What is Canon IJ Setup?
Canon IJ Setup is the procedure to connect your Canon printer to wireless network. While the network printer is connected, you can do printing from your remote devices like Smartphone, Tablet, Remote Computers or supported other device without using USB Cable.
However, before trying to connect your canon printer to the wireless network, you should make sure that you meet the following requirement:
- You must have an access point (it is well known as a router, hub or Wifi Modem) that has an Internet connection. Ensure that the access point is fully functioning before you start the connection procedure.
- You must have a computing device such as a PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone, or in simple word, you must have a computer that is connected to internet. To make sure your computer is connected to the network or internet, please use a browser to open a website, for example https://ijstartcanons.com . In the event that the website is not showing, it means you are not connected to the Internet and you should connect your device to a network before proceeding.
How to setting canon printer to the wireless network or Canon IJ Setup
After you have meet the requirements above, now it is the time to connect your printer to a network.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labelled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your Canon Printer to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the easiest way of connecting your Canon Printer so if your access point has a WPS button please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS we have provided alternative instructions to get your Canon Printer connected so please select the ‘Standard Connection Method’ tab below.
Source: Canon Support
The Further information on how to setup your canon printer to a network (Canon IJ Setup), please follow the following links based on your needs
WPS Connection Method
Standard Connection Method
Canon IJ Setup
Incoming search terms:
- ij canon setup
- ij setup canon